Ep. 39 - Strategies for Investing in Canadian MicroCap Stocks with Paul Andreola and Brandon Mackie, Small Cap Discoveries
For this episode of Planet MicroCap Podcast, I spoke with Paul Andreola and Brandon Mackie, Editor and Writer/Researcher at Small Cap Discoveries. I’m very excited that Paul and Brandon will be speaking at our annual event, the Planet MicroCap Showcase – April 26-28, 2017 at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, NV. They have a very unique MicroCap investing perspective, which we discuss at length in this interview, especially with regard to their core investing strategy and process when looking at Canadian MicroCap stocks.
I also spoke with them about the panels they will be speaking on at the Planet MicroCap Showcase, discuss at length the history, investing landscape and infrastructure in Canada, as well as, accessibility for US investors to invest in Canadian listings and their assessment of the Canadian investing climate currently. The goal for this episode is learn more about Brandon and Paul’s strategies when looking at Canadian MicroCap stocks, how they find new ideas and their thoughts on the current Canadian investing market.
The Planet MicroCap Podcast is brought to you by SNN Incorporated, publishers of StockNewsNow.com, The Official MicroCap News Source, and the MicroCap Review Magazine, the leading magazine in the MicroCap market - check out the latest issue here: MicroCap Review Winter/Spring 2017
In this episode, Paul, Brandon and I discuss the following topics:
- Brandon and Paul's backgrounds and how they got started investing in MicroCap stocks
- When and why they both started looking at Canadian MicroCap stocks
- What is Small Cap Discoveries and is there a sector or sectors in particular they focus on
- Core investing strategy when assessing a potential new investment
- How do they find new ideas
- At Small Cap Discoveries, they cover Canadian microcaps primarily, and its been gaining more visibility. Why do they think this is?
- Is it difficult for US investors to invest in Canadian MicroCap stocks?
- Where they both see the Canadian MicroCap market going
- With more attention given to the sector, are they worried that all the new quality stories have been exhausted
- Brandon and Paul will be speaking at the Planet MicroCap Showcase in Las Vegas, April 26-28, 2017. Brandon will be on the first ever LIVE Planet MicroCap Podcast, and Paul will be joining Maj Soueidan and Brent Cook on the MicroCap newsletter panel. Why do they think MicroCap newsletters are important to the MicroCap community
For more information about Paul Andreola, Brandon Mackie and to subscribe to their newsletter, please visit:
You can follow Paul on Twitter @PaulAndreola
You can follow Brandon and Small Cap Discoveries @SmallCapDisc