For this episode of the Planet MicroCap Podcast, I spoke with Maj Soueidan from GeoInvesting.com. I met Maj at a conference recently and we had a great conversation about this concept that I wanted to learn more about: “Information Arbitrage.” On the program, we’ve talked about the importance of doing your due diligence, which includes reading an issuer’s press releases, SEC Filings, etc…, including where to find all of this information, as well as why understanding this material to the best of your ability, can help you gain an edge when investing. In this interview, Maj stresses the importance of reacting to and finding public information before other market participants. In addition to learning more about “Information Arbitrage,” we also discuss his research techniques, the difference between value stocks and growth stocks, and of course, I ask for his advice for new MicroCap investors.
December 31, 2015
The Planet MicroCap Podcast is brought to you by SNN Incorporated, publishers of StockNewsNow.com, The Official MicroCap News Source, and the MicroCap Review Magazine, the leading magazine in the MicroCap market - check out the latest issue here: MicroCap Review Summer/Fall 2015
In this episode, Maj and I discuss the following topics:
- Maj's background
- How Maj started investing in MicroCaps, and why did he stick with it
- Idea of “Information Arbitrage” - what this means and how does this relate to MicroCap stocks
- Maj's research techniques when looking at MicroCap stocks
- How he defines “proper due diligence”
- The difference between MicroCap value stocks and growth stocks
- The key, in his opinion, to long term investor success in MicroCap stocks
- In his experience, what was the biggest, or at least, most lasting lesson he's learned from investing in MicroCap stocks
- Advice would you give to new MicroCap investors?
You can follow Maj Soueidan @MajGeoInvesting
You can follow the Planet MicroCap Podcast on Twitter @BobbyKKraft, and you can also listen to this interview on StockNewsNow.com