For this episode of the PlanetMicroCap Podcast, I spoke with David Weild from Weild & Co. Reg. A+ and equity crowdfunding have been in the news quite a bit recently, especially since the first ever Reg. A+ deal, Elio Motors, got funded and went public on OTC Markets. This new alternative financing option did not happen overnight, it’s been in the works for quite a while, and although it’s still very early, there could be opportunity to invest in exciting new companies using this vehicle.But, it was unclear to me how it all works. I thought, who better to explain this topic than the Father of the JOBS Act himself, David Weild.
The goal for this episode is to learn about Reg. A+, equity crowdfunding, how this type of financing is changing the landscape of raising capital for emerging growth companies, and what investors should understand about these types of deals.
The Planet MicroCap Podcast is brought to you by SNN Incorporated, publishers of StockNewsNow.com, The Official MicroCap News Source, and the MicroCap Review Magazine, the leading magazine in the MicroCap market - check out the latest issue here: MicroCap Review Winter/Spring 2016
In this episode, David and I discuss the following topics:
- His background and how he became known as the, "Father of the JOBS Act"
- History and explanation the JOBS Act, Reg. A+, Equity Crowdfunding?
- Importance in understanding this new type of financing for emerging growth companies
- Why we're still in the "Early Innings"
- What to look out for as an investor
- Conversion: how companies convert indications of interest to investment
- Crowdfunding portals: what is their necessity?
- How investors participate in Reg. A+ deals
- Is it easier to market a Reg. A+ deal than an IPO?
- Due diligence process on Reg. A+ deals
- Disclosure requirements
- How are Reg. A+ deals priced to investors and then in the aftermarket? Who prices the deals?
For more information about David Weild and Weild & Co., please visit: www.WeildandCo.com