Episode 26 - Importance of Financial Modeling for MicroCap Stock Investing with Jim Collins, Editor of MicroCap Guru Newsletter
For this episode of the PlanetMicroCap Podcast, I spoke with Jim Collins, Editor of the MicroCap Guru newsletter, and frequent contributor to Forbes and Real Money at theStreet.com. At SNN, we recently launched a newsletter with Jim to cover theMicroCap market, and I wanted to share with you our Editor’s strategy and approach to investing in MicroCap stocks. The goal for this interview is to understandJim’s key ingredients for MicroCap stock investing, and the importance of financial modeling when doing your due diligence.
The Planet MicroCap Podcast is brought to you by SNN Incorporated, publishers of StockNewsNow.com, The Official MicroCap News Source, and the MicroCap Review Magazine, the leading magazine in the MicroCap market - check out the latest issue here: MicroCap Review Winter/Spring 2016
In this episode, Jim and I discuss the following topics:
- Jim's background and what brought him to MicroCap stocks
- When he started writing for Forbes and Real Money at the Street.com
- Prior to making an investment in a MicroCap stock, what is his due diligence process
- His stock selection process, when does a ticker hit his radar screen
- Buy and sell signals
- When does he typically approach management
- Jim's key ingredients for MicroCap stock investing
- What is the MicroCap Guru Newsletter? When will the newsletter come out and where can investors subscribe?
- What are the three most important reasons aninvestor should subscribe to the MicroCap Guru newsletter?
- Jim's advice for new MicroCap investors
For more information about Jim Collins and the MicroCap Guru Newsletter, please visit: www.MicroCapGuru.com
You can follow Jim Collins on Twitter @PortfolioGuru