For this episode of Planet MicroCapPodcast, I spoke with Christian Ryther, Portfolio Manager of Curreen Capital.The topic for today is when to buy and sell MicroCap stocks. You’ve heard a lot of different investing strategies and what to look for in MicroCap stocks, but what’s been lightly discussed thus far is what to do next. When should I buy?How much should I buy? When do I then sell? The reason I wanted to speak withChristian on this topic is to continue this conversation that he also discusses in his educational YouTube video series, which is available on his website curreencapital.com. The goal for this interview is to learn more about when to buy and sell stocks and the reasons for both.
The Planet MicroCap Podcast is brought to you by SNN Incorporated, publishers of StockNewsNow.com, The Official MicroCap News Source, and the MicroCap Review Magazine, the leading magazine in the MicroCap market - check out the latest issue here: MicroCap Review Fall 2016
In this episode, Christian and I discuss the following topics:
- Christian's background and how he got intoinvesting in MicroCap stocks
- His strategy when investing in MicroCap stocks
- Today we're discussing the actual buying and selling of stock. So first off, you find a company you’d like to invest in, its checked all boxes on your list, you’ve met with management, they meet your criteria. Now its time to buy stock. How do you“size” into your initial position?
- The difference between “cost averaging up” vs. “cost averaging down” and when this typically happens
- What are the various reasons why he would startselling off his position? Is it always for negative reasons?
- An experience in his investing career that helped him shape your investing strategy
- Advice for new MicroCap investors
For more information about Christian Ryther and Curreen Capital, please visit: www.CurreenCapital.com
You can follow Christian Ryther on Twitter @CurreenCR